Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Roatan sunset

While the passengers are onshore and the ship is quiet deck staff attend to their chores, including sanding and varnishing this bar top.




Soon all the passengers would be back on board and we could set sail for Belize.


Our leaving of Roatan coincided with the sunset






Up on deck, with a cold beer in hand, reflecting on the great day we have enjoyed and seeing a rich sunset like this- moments like this are plentiful on a cruise ship.


We sail away from Mahogany Bay and Roatan


I'd be happy to see it again someday




Now on the ship my thoughts are of eating a nice dinner in the MDR.
I passed through the buffet on my way to our cabin to get changed for dinner...


There was a line of people waiting to serve themselves. The buffet has good food and suits those who don't want to dress up or spend a long time having dinner in the Main Dining Rooms.


We prefer to be served at the table, from a set menu.
Tonight's menu was Italian themed.

Veal Saltimbocca for me


Penne arrabbiata for Carol as I recall


Tiramisu for dessert


During our dinner we were surprised to hear one of the Head Waiters burst into song and walk around the room singing . I reached for my camcorder which is never far away...


After such a great meal we take a stroll up on the pool deck. This is the calypso pool under the MUTS movie screen.


You are never far from a drink on a Princess Ship!


Dinner-stroll-karaoke-bed. Tomorrow is another day. We will get off the ship in Belize and enjoy an airboat adventure....

1 comment: