Monday, April 7, 2014

San Francisco July 2013/ June 2011-The Prelude

This blog will feature NO SCHNITZELS. When in Rome (which I will be in September 2014)....
No AUTOBAHNS (sigh). There will be a fast car though and it's one I rent frequently in the USA-the Infiniti G37. It's a BMW wannabe and a pretty good car even though it lacks the balletic handling. It does have a barn-burning engine with over 300 Horsepower and quick brakes that can catapult you through the windshield to an early grave.

Like Munich, San Francisco is a place we have been before and keep coming back to. For me the attraction began on my first visit in 1987. It is by the sea which is all a city needs to get my vote. It is by the sea and has a very busy port with dozens of big ships from "all corners of the world"- as we all know by now that the Earth is square. I like ships. My father, who's name was "Dad" was a ship's Captain in a far-off land called the United Kingdom.

Carol has a long association too as her brother has been living there for over 30 years.

As you can see from the title of this blog, this is two visits to SF for the price of one! Order now and I'll even throw in a FREE set of steak knives (value $300).

So instead of an hour by hour retelling of our time there, in chronological order, this will be a series of episodes featuring good restaurants, excursions by car and by boat, scenic vistas, botanical gardens, quiet woods, exciting bridges and craggy coastlines, culled and deftly edited from two visits to a favorite place.

There's a comment tab on the blog if you think this is a thumbs up or down idea. It's there also if you have any questions....Where is that? How do I get there? How much does X cost? What's the dress code? Will I get sea-sick? and so on.

In some of the video scenes I will tell you when and where we are so you can make sense of it all (hey, good luck with that!)

All events will take place within a 150 mile radius of the downtown area of the City by the Bay.
We'll travel to Big Sur, Sausalito, Oakland, Tiburon. Point Reyes and such.

So please join us on this new adventure.....


No comments:

Post a Comment