Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cruise ship Sea Princess

Back in March 2011 we decided to take our first sea cruise together-to Alaska on a Princess ship called the Coral Princess. When in San Francisco that June I found that the Sea Princess would be returning from an Alaskan cruise.  As I am always up early anyway I thought I'd walk over the hills through Chinatown to the pier area on the Embarcadero. I knew she would dock at pier 35 and by now, after seeing Crystal Symphony at the same dock a few days earlier, I knew close-ups were not to be had. It was a nice morning for a walk anyway.

To any Princess fans reading, excuse my ignorance when I refer to the canvas area on the stern as the "Sanctuary". I hadn't been on a Princess ship then but now I have been on 5 and am up to speed.
On my last cruise (January 2014) some folks asked me if I worked for Princess such is my newly gleaned knowledge from sailing with them. Got a question? Ask away! I might make up some of the answers but this is America so cut me some slack!


The next video is another visit to the Cliff House but this time for dinner as the sun went down. Not a memorable sunset alas as there was a big bank of cloud hovering over the sea. The food there is good-not great. My favorite restaurant in San Fransisco is this one in the photo below.....



This is the home of a favorite chef- Hubert Keller, from Alsace, France and the food there is exquisite. It has no view though and that's where the Cliff House scores big.  It's also half the price of the exquisite meal. I look forward to returning to Fleur either in SF or in Las Vegas.

So here's dinner at the Cliff House ....


No comments:

Post a Comment