Monday, April 28, 2014

Embarcadero walk

I walk a lot in San Francisco, mainly in the morning before any planned excursion. Firstly to St Mary's Square for my first quiet cup of coffee, then downhill to the Ferry Building for coffee number two and to people/ship watch while the city wakes.

Once on the Embarcadero and with time to kill, I'll take the long walk North to Pier 39. From there it is an uphill and downhill trek back across the city to the Omni, skirting Chinatown along the way. I have yet to be in Chinatown at night nor have I eaten there as Chinese food isn't high on my list of favorites. Now if it was called Indiatown that might be different.

They were preparing for the America's Cup yacht race in July 2013 while we were there so those boats were often seen practicing. Our afternoon excursion that Friday was a sail on Carol's brother's yacht from it's home in Alameda out into the choppy bay. That would involve a drive over the Bay Bridge to Oakland. I love big bridges and San Francisco has it's fair share.

Along the way I passed by Mama's restaurant where the wait to get into the place can take two hours or more of standing in line on the street-for breakfast. (see Yelp.com for reviews and photos). I can say without hesitation that there is no restaurant on Earth (am not familiar with restaurants on nearby Planets) where I would stand and wait for two hours to sample their wares.

Here's a short video taken during the walk.






No comments:

Post a Comment