Monday, September 25, 2017

Long walk home

Having reached Barcelona harbor it was time to turn around and work my way back to the hotel.
I turned my back on the Columbus monument  and walked up La Rambla the way I had come.


A late night reveler (?) stops to use the bathroom at the Pension Reial


Now there are people in the street and I have no concern for the safety of my cameras


It seems everyone has a balcony in Barcelona. My kind of town!


 No driving for me on this vacation....


 I think this is an outdoor art exhibit or just someone with a lot of white tee shirts to dry




I knew Barcelona's famous Opera House was down here somewhere...


A photo of the auditorium was in the window and would be as close as I would get on this trip to seeing the interior.


The Opera season would start later in the week, after we had gone






No taxi for me. I am enjoying the walk.

Alas the famous La Boqueria food market was closed on Sunday







I thought that instead of following La Rambla all the way I would cut across to the East to find Passeig de Gracia so got to see some of the side streets




Cool art on a clothes shop shutter


Accidentally I stumbled upon Barcelona Cathedral in a square








Moving on...but just one look back




Every building was a new discovery






I found Passeig de Gracia...


Once I see Casa Batllo I know I am only two blocks from the hotel. Already a line at 9 a.m


The luxury shops next to the hotel


"Home, Sweet Home" for two days


Next up- coffee al fresco and a tour of Gaudi's amazing apartment complex La Pedrera...

No comments:

Post a Comment