Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lunch in Positano

Maria had already called the restaurant so tables were reserved and everything was laid out for us-wine and water glasses, cutlery etc all waiting so all we had to do was sit down and relax after our walk.

The view from our table




Our table




Across the table from us were some fine Australian folks from the ship and next to me a mother and daughter who had been on most of our excursions. The waiters were very friendly and efficient. We greeted them in Italian which of course brought a big smile.

The Covo is also a hotel and it's location, right on the beach, would make it my first choice for an overnight stay in Positano.

There were seats to relax in if one wanted to linger after a meal, with a cocktail or glass of wine.


We ordered our food, which was included in our excursion fee and I took some more photos while waiting for it to arrive.








While walking in Pompeii, in the heat and amongst the crowds of tourists I had visions of a glass of white wine waiting for me at lunchtime. Now it was before me...


It was perfect.

Then the first course of our meal arrived.


Just a simple salad-but everything so fresh and tasty-and THAT cheese!! A great start to the meal.

Then Veal Manicotti


Every bite sublime. Another sip of wine. A perfect pairing.

Branzino (sea bass) was my next course. Something I always order if I see it on the menu.



Remember this name....




We hope to return to Positano some day....

Lunch was superb. Simple food, cooked beautifully, served by smiling attentive waiters.
For dessert we both had a Rum Baba which I forgot to photograph. Delicious of course!
We began the long walk uphill to the garage where we left the bus over an hour ago.






Once we were all gathered back at the bus it was time to leave Positiano and climb back up to the Amalfi coast road for the ride back to Sorrento.

Bye bye Positano. We will never forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment