Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Venice at dawn

Once I had finished my first cup of espresso for the day it was time to walk back towards the sea.


Great location for a Hard Rock Cafe!
And across the canal a Best Western Hotel....




I passed through St Mark's Square again on my way to the banks of the Guideca canal.




This is a 5 masted cruise ship called the Wind Surf returning to Venice.



The promenade along the Guideca canal. People are now out and about as Venice wakes.



The pricey and overly ornate hotel Danieli (see the interior on their website)


Newspaper stand at S. Marco Vaparetto station. There is a manned kiosk here where we validated our tickets the night before.




We had a few things planned for today. Breakfast in the hotel at 9 a.m was #1, followed by a visit to the Frari church nearby. At some point there would be lunch followed by the Opera at 3.30 after which we would join our ship at San Basilio dock on the Guideca canal.

So around 7.30 I thought I'd catch a Vaparetto back to the hotel.


While waiting at the station I caught sight of a German cruise ship coming into port-the Aida Aura I believe it was. I took some photos on the journey back to the hotel....





Vaparetto station Giglio

more to follow........

No comments:

Post a Comment