Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Vaparetto ride continued

On my way back to Hotel Palazzo Sant' Angelo for breakfast....




An interesting metal sculpture...


Very little traffic on the water this early but in a couple of hours....


Accademia Bridge and Vaparetto stop


Good restaurant location but not enough time this trip to sample their food and hospitality.



Another Vaparetto overtaking us while we stop

That Vaparetto trip saved me a long walk and I had already worked up an appetite but breakfast would happen in an hour or so as we had planned to meet in the breakfast room at 7.30 a.m (not 9 as I may have said previously)

Once back at the hotel I met the man who was setting up the room for breakfast and asked if there was any coffee to be had- Si ! was the answer and he told me I could go outside and sit by the canal and he would bring it to me. Excellent service and he brought me an excellent double espresso which I sipped while watching the trash boats and delivery boats preparing the city for another day of pleasing and thrilling the tourists, of which I proudly counted myself one.

If the hotel had had a restaurant I might never have left it all day. Just watching the canal traffic was better than television.

We had an excursion planned after breakfast- to the Frari church, one Vaparetto stop and a short walk away. We had seen it on a Rick Steves show on PBS television in the USA. If you don't know who Rick is just Google his name and learn. He is the best traveler/writer on Europe in our experience and we take his advice and tips seriously. Check him out!

Here's the video portion of my early morning in Venice.....


No comments:

Post a Comment