Tuesday, December 2, 2014

New Home in Venice

As you saw from the video we had a room looking out over the Grand Canal with three balconies.

To get there we first had to go into the hotel


 and introduce ourselves-this I did in practiced Italian and it got big smiles from the desk clerk. He of course spoke excellent English so I soon dropped the Italian. I confirmed that he had booked a table at a canal-side restaurant for us this evening and he had. In our year of research I had found a touristy restaurant that screamed VENICE  in bright red letters.

The Bellman brought our luggage up to our room



The TV that never got turned on...





Something lacking in U.S. Hotels and homes-a bidet.




Even the bathroom had a window facing the Grand Canal.


The view from our balcony


As is our custom when we check-in to our room, I immediately leave and go for a walk while Carol unpacks and puts all her luggage away.

Next up...my first walk in Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment