Friday, June 2, 2017

After lunch

A great lunch of simple Italian cooking with fresh ingredients and we still had some time to walk (not very far) and soak up the atmosphere of this fine little town before we'd have to meet our guide and walk to the train station to catch a train to Levanto where our bus would be waiting to finish our tour.

I didn't need any Euros and I had paid for lunch with a credit card but if you do you'll find an ATM
just like this.


Carol spent some time visiting this church near the restaurant. I stopped in just to take a couple of photos and then I had to go buy a fridge magnet as we collect them as souvenirs.



Carol enjoys the peace and quiet


 Once I have my magnets I can sit in the shade of the church and watch the world go by while enjoying a cigarette.


Short video...


I would have liked nothing better than to sit with a cold beer for an hour, chatting to Carol about our day so far and what was to come but on a guided tour we are not on our own schedule and had to meet our guide at an appointed time to begin the march to the train station. Of course we were delayed by ten minutes by a couple who were on their own tardy schedule. Now we had to walk faster to make up lost time. I took a couple of pics as we walked away from the center of town.


I hate to leave...





The train arrives right on time


After only ten minutes on a nice clean Italian train we pulled into Levanto, home to some graffiti artists apparently.



The bus had to park half a mile away from the station. No-this isn't our bus. It was much bigger than this. Luckily the walk was downhill. We had done a lot of walking this morning and all of it hilly.


Soon we were on the highway again, destination Genoa.




No comments:

Post a Comment