Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Genoa through a bus window

It was raining lightly (drizzle) as we drove back from Levanto to Genoa and I was taking quick photos as we sped along.


Anonymous Italian towns I have likely never heard mentioned, passed by the window. Unless I return to Genoa and explore in a rented car they will just be a backdrop to our journey.


 People live out here, people I will likely never meet-I think I can safely say that but it applies to the vast majority of the 7 billion people on the planet. Not a problem for me as I am not looking to make a thousand new friends much less a billion. I guess the numbers would look good on my Facebook page if that was something I wanted for even a moment (it's not)







The miles roll by, the scenery ever-changing. I'm looking forward to being back on the ship after so many hours away.




A different town and we are getting closer to Genoa


One more bridge to cross....


and we are back on the streets of Genoa. It's at this point that our guide comes over the P.A to tell us that she had enjoyed showing us Cinque Terre today but she and the driver would like to show us their wonderful city on the way back to the ship. Is that OK? Sure-why not?!


Someday I would like to walk the streets of Genoa but today in the soft drizzling rain I'll settle for riding in a comfortable bus.





Like any city it is a mess of construction and renewal


I can't identify where we are other than to say with some certainty-we are in Genoa!




We pass by the docks











Now, this building I recognize as it is where the ship has docked for the day. You can see part of the ship above the beautiful building



One last look over my shoulder as we enter the docks



Everyone climbs aboard to revisit a floating piece of America which we are calling home for a week. We will join them. We have been gone since 7 a.m and it is now 6 pm and the ship will leave within an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment