Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fast boat to Monterosso

It was windy on the top deck of the ferry as we were going fast and even though I was on the upper deck sea spray was something I had to watch out for. As you'll see in the photos everyone had come clothed appropriately. I had to stand to take my photos and video and that tested my balance.


We leave Manarola behind and head West




 We were only on the water for about 20 minutes and the coldness and wetness was worth the ride knowing that we would quickly get to our lunch spot in Monterosso. I would soon forget any discomfort once I had a cold Italian beer and some fried fish on a plate in front of me. Motivation!





 Monterosso Ahoy!



The crew prepare for docking


I see a World War II gun emplacement jutting from the rock




The headland gives shelter from the wind and the sea is calm here


All ashore!



The skillful Captain



Another ferry comes in


I wait until the top deck clears before leaving



Beautiful Monterosso al Mare



Cactus! High above you can see people on a cliff walk.




We have arrived. Here is a video clip from the boat trip....


See you onshore!

No comments:

Post a Comment