Friday, September 12, 2014

Whittier to Anchorage

The motor coach trip from Whittier to Anchorage takes 90 minutes or what seems like three hours if you have a driver rambling on over the P.A armed with a few facts and a failing memory.  I have since become the proud owner of Bose noise canceling headphones for such occasions. The driver did his best but when I drive I am totally focused on the road and not killing people, especially myself, and so far I have done a great job of that. I haven't had a speeding ticket in 25 years and don't own a radar detector, just a pair of slowly fading eyes and focus on what I am doing.

The video following is our last day in Alaska, condensed into a few minutes.

We had a great escape from the everyday on the Diamond Princess and before we left her had put down deposits of $100 per person on future cruises with Princess. These we use rather than pay the 20% deposit normally asked and Princess gives us $50 onboard credit when we use them to book.

Our next cruise would be in January 2013 on the Ruby Princess from Ft. Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean islands of St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk-a sunshine break from the snows of Chicago.

A seven hour flight in the dark brought us back to the reality of Chicago.

Video....





No comments:

Post a Comment