Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Last night on board

There follows a video which features a last-night tradition on the Princess cruises we have taken-the International Crew Talent Show. This was back in the day when I didn't record the performances in their entirety so it is just a taster. The balloons amuse the crowd as the theater fills up as many get there early to secure a good seat. We usually sit at the back for a quick getaway.

My getaway happened mid-way through the show as I had my packing to do and thought it best to have the cabin to myself. I missed some great comedy by the Cruise Director, Billy Highgate and so I hope to see him on another ship in the future. The Diamond Princess has since been moved to serve the Far East market and has had an interior re-model to suit the growing number of Japanese cruisers.

Carol was back by the time I placed my suitcase into the hallway for pickup. Hers had been taken hours before. When I went out onto the balcony at 12.30 a.m I was surprised to see we were in Whittier and the mooring crew were tying the ship up for the night.

Five hours of delicious sleep followed.

There would be no Sabatini breakfast in the morning-the waitstaff there are used to help people in wheelchairs off the ship, so we would be eating in one of the dining rooms.

In the morning I had planned to have time to take some last photographs and a video walk through the interior Promenade Deck.

For now, here is the video from the show and then the waking in Whittier which is Princess' own Alaskan port.


No comments:

Post a Comment