Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bay City video

So this is a condensed version of our one night in Bay City. We had two things to accomplish tonight- eating dinner with a water view and slllllllllleeeeeeep, as we wanted to be up and fresh for the 300 miles or so to our next hotel in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.

As is my wont I went out for a stroll with camera and video cam  (Canon HD) and I literally had the streets all to myself. Where is everybody??

Regarding the restaurant I found and was excited about, we came there at 8 p.m in the car and followed 4 other people inside. We all waited for a waitress to come by the hostess stand.  I heard her tell the people in front of us ' it's after 8 and the kitchen is closed for the night". Huh? 8 p.m shut-down? That's just the time when most restaurants are seating the dinner rush.

Back out to the car for a re-think.

Well the hotel has a restaurant....
 and I noticed some tables outside as we left....

So back to the Hilton. We were the only people sitting outside but the service was just fine and the food was basic but good. I think the light failed just before my steak sandwich and fries came.

But you'll get the gist. The location was fantastic.

After dinner a stroll down by the river. Quiet and peaceful. We would sleep well tonight....

On the walk back across the lawn to the hotel I estimated about 30 % of the rooms to be occupied.
But- it was a Monday night in May so I guess that is not too bad for business.




No comments:

Post a Comment