Sunday, August 13, 2017

A cathedral of color

The exterior of La Segrada Familia is impressive and the interior is no less so...


It's colorful, for one thing...


It's got a very high ceiling!




Many shots were taken with the camera pointing directly upwards in a neck-craning maneuver




 There's a mix of spotlights and natural light




















With so many people sharing the space and so many distractions it pays to be aware of your surroundings and especially your property (in my case cameras) as you are in Barcelona where pickpocketing is rife.






To change lenses I had to kneel on the floor then close up my camera bag and put it back around my neck and over my shoulder. Wearing the bag in front of me made it thief-proof. I take no chances in Barcelona or anywhere there is a crowd of people.


Guided tours by headphones are available for rent but we were guided by Anna's commentary






My head was on a swivel, trying to see all of it in the 45 minutes we had to spend to stay on schedule


So much detail and variety of shapes












You can only experience this in Barcelona


We have to meet Luis our driver so we leave to go back outside into the sunlight....

1 comment:

  1. This is the most beautiful cathedral in the world, IMHO. Thanks for these, Norris

    ReplyDelete